Spirulina masks can work wonders. This blue-green little alga is a unique product with a mass of beneficial properties. In the context of this article we will try to understand the beneficial properties of this unicellular microalgae.
To know how to properly prepare a cleansing mask from this gift of the sea, you must first understand what this green microalga is. Spirulina belongs to the varieties of cyanobacteria. Inside this seaweed there are up to 2 thousand useful vitamins, amino acids and various enzymes. A distinctive feature of the described marine habitat from others is that it contains almost 70% of protein and there are no cellular membranes. For this reason, the human body is very easy and literally in 40 minutes can digest spirulina in the stomach.
If the alga is eaten, then tangible positive transformations will begin to occur in the body. The use of microalgae is no less effective. As a rule, all kinds of masks are made from the described inhabitant of the sea depths, to which various ingredients are added to enhance the effect of the main component. If everything is done correctly, then at home it is possible to get rid of wrinkles as well as in the most prestigious beauty salon.
Due to the mass of positive qualities, spirulina is widely used not only for cosmetic purposes, but also in cooking. This universal algae contains a rich vitamin composition (A, E, B and C). Due to the high content of trace elements in this product, such as gamma-linoleic acid, spirulina is used as a biological additive. This component can be quite rare in nature.
Many are interested in the question of how this alga grows and how it can affect the skin. Let us dwell on this moment in more detail. This microalga grows on the very bottom of the sea in numerous groups that can grow to large sizes. According to external data, the alga is clearly not inferior to its own beneficial qualities. Nature has not yet created anything like it that could compare with the components of spirulina.
Women who prefer to do their own homemade masks with spirulina, appreciated their nutritional properties and managed to love. And it is not surprising, because this alga is able to reduce nasolabial folds, deep wrinkles, acne and other cosmetic defects.
Those women who do not want to use industrial chemical compounds can use natural products that are in this microalgae. If you do not like the not very pleasant smell of spirulina, and you cannot drink this seaweed, you can use it externally.
Modern cosmetic companies have begun to use sodium alginate, a completely non-hazardous substance, in the media of the new generation. This component has the necessary qualities necessary for the manufacture of masks.
Alginate masks are the most popular industrial products that have proven themselves very well. The drugs are used in the course of anti-aging and moisturizing procedures.
If you mix the alginate with a liquid, you get a gel-like substance, which is saturated with water, nutrients and minerals, as well as vitamin composition. After the woman applies a similar gel to the skin of the face, the product will fill the smallest folds, moisturize and nourish the skin structure. After 6-7 minutes, the drug hardens and turns into a film on the skin of the face. At this very moment, the procedure of lifting.
Studies have shown that if, prior to the use of a lifting mask, the skin of the face is treated with active substances of a special serum, then the effect of the first will be increased several times. The frozen mask is very easy to take off. After its use, the renewed skin becomes younger and more hydrated.
Rules for the use of masks from spirulina
In order for cosmetic masks from spirulina to give due effect, it is necessary to know some rules of their application, which we will discuss in this section.
After you have bought alginate powder, it is necessary to make a cosmetic face mask from it. It is desirable that the primary procedure is carried out by a specialist in the field of cosmetology, so that you get a little experience in this matter.
How to use a mask:
- The purchased powdered product should be diluted with water in such amount as indicated in the instructions.
- Next you should wash and smear eyebrows with cream.
- The mixture must be covered face. It is necessary to apply a mask in large quantities, bypassing the lip area and around the eyes. Nose should not be covered with the composition, as the substrate will make breathing difficult.
- Starting from the 5th minute, the skin will begin to tighten. It is necessary to take a horizontal position and wait half an hour. After the set time, you need to remove the dried mask, making sharp movements, moving from the chin to the forehead.
It is possible to prepare a home mask from this unicellular microalgae not only from powder, but also from tablets. The latter must be thoroughly crushed into powder with a pestle. Next, the powdered agent must be diluted with water in equal proportions, mix thoroughly and leave for some time, so that the suspension is infused. On average, it should take from 5 to 10 minutes. The finished substance of the consistency should resemble thick sour cream. Next, the mixture must be applied to the face with a brush. Apply a mask on the lips and around the eye is impossible. The rejuvenating mask should be left on the face until it is completely dry, and then it should be immediately washed off with warm water.
Basic rules for applying the mask:
- anti-aging masks with spirulina should be applied only to clean skin;
- to enhance the effect, you can first make a steam bath for the face or use a scrub;
- dry mix should be stirred exclusively in clean dishes and do not use a metal bowl;
- additional ingredients in the form of honey, sour cream or juice must be of high quality and with a good shelf life;
- rejuvenating, tightening and nourishing mask is acceptable to apply both on the face and on the neck and decollate area;
- Home mask for acne, comedones and various inflammatory processes should be applied only locally on the affected areas;
- when removing the cosmetic, it is necessary to use boiled or filtered water of the temperature specified in the instructions
Many are concerned about the question of why you should not put a cosmetic under the eyes and lips. The fact is that in these parts of the face the skin is very thin and sensitive. If spirulina-based home mask is applied undiluted to these areas, slight redness and dryness may appear on the skin.
To avoid drying of the skin, based on the type of skin, you can add the mask with the following components:
- Dry skin. You can drop 5-6 drops of argan oil.
- Oily and problem skin. To reduce the number of acne, as a preventive measure, you can add to the cosmetic chamomile flowers. It is also permissible to dilute a dry mask not with water, but with a decoction of this medicinal plant.
- Prone to pigmentation. Lemon juice in small amounts will help to make pigments less visible on the skin.
You should not put an alginate mask before you are going to leave the house. This should not be done because you probably will not immediately be able to wash the product off your face. If you intensively wash the mask under running water, then the remnants of the composition of the green color can get into the eyes, on the hair roots, ears and neck, dyeing them. It is advisable to remove the remnants of the mask not over the sink or bathroom, so as not to paint them in the color of the swamp.
Useful properties and types of skin care products
Homemade varieties of skin care products based on spirulina have a number of useful properties, which we will tell you in this section.
What is contained in the useful microalgae?
- A large number of micro and macro elements, vitamins of group B, C, E, F, PP, zinc and manganese, copper, calcium, iodine, selenium, iron, magnesium and chlorine.
- Algae powder contains very rare gamma-linoleic acid, which is almost never found in nature.
- Amino acids in the form of glycine, lysine and arginine.
- Fatty acid.
Any mask with this microalga is able to regenerate the skin and promote rapid cell renewal. For this reason, home remedies based on this algae are very popular with many women who monitor their appearance. And it is not surprising, because this gift of the sea helps keep young women as young as possible.
Modern cosmetics and preparations that contain microalgae, have such useful properties:
- struggle with mimic wrinkles of various types;
- nourish and tone the skin;
- slow down the aging process;
- help to remove pigmentation and fight freckles;
- clean acne;
- narrow enlarged pores;
- improve blood circulation;
- remove puffiness and circles under the eyes;
- remove from the body residues of salts of heavy metals and toxins;
- promote immunity;
- delicately cleaned without damaging the skin;
- have a long-lasting rejuvenating effect on the skin;
- improve elasticity and relief of skin structure
This alga can be taken both inside and externally in the form of masks or various cosmetics. Beauticians use the described plant in order to solve a whole range of aesthetic defects. Pharmacists make special pills that contain this component.
Masks based on this inhabitant of the deep sea can be made by persons with different skin types. Among the users may be those women who are concerned about dry skin, acne, acne, wrinkles and increased pigmentation.
Cosmetics manufacturers are ready to provide a large number of various masks of spirulina with kelp, shark oil, menthol, clay and other components. It is possible to do cosmetology procedures not only in the beauty salon, but also at home. These cosmetics are used to rejuvenate and eliminate fine facial wrinkles, as well as to maintain normal skin color. Moreover, modern preparations can correct the shape of the face and make the skin structure denser.
This sea dweller is widely used in health care, cooking and in the cosmetic industry. Based on the microalgae described, various food additives are made for athletes, as well as for people who want to lose weight. Seaweed is very widely used in medicine for the treatment of various diseases.
Buy spirulina can be in a pharmacy for free access. It is produced in the form of powdered substances and tablets, from which masks are subsequently prepared. You must choose a tool that fits the type and condition of the skin. The course of wellness procedures should not be more than 14 days.
Beauty salons use not only industrial masks, but also self-made tools. The advantage of the first is that the special tools comply with the exact dosage of the necessary components, as well as ease of use and a clear period of solidification. Industrial cosmetics consist of two main ingredients – alginate and diatomite.
Masks, manufactured in an industrial way, as a rule, are produced in gel or powder form. The first is very easy to apply. Powdered preparations in the first place you need to independently transform into a gel form. For this purpose, the specialist of the beauty salon uses a specific saline water or a special serum. The advantage of powder masks is a long shelf life, subject to the required temperature conditions. In the room where these drugs are stored, the air must be dry.
Industrial alginate products are divided into several types of products:
- These preparations are combined with mineral water and special serum, which does not cause allergic reactions. These tools are used for lifting and moisturizing procedures.
- Collagen is added to the ingredients of this type of product. It is necessary in order to moisturize the skin, rejuvenate it and fight deep wrinkles.
- These products are real “magic wand” for dry skin type. These masks perfectly moisturize and tighten the skin structure, stimulate the process of cell renewal.
- With ascorbic acid. This product may affect the color and structure of the skin. This mask is able to lighten the pigmentation and give the face a beautiful blush, reducing the pronounced deep wrinkles.
- For the production of these masks use a variety of medicinal and cultivated plants, such as flowers and leaves of chamomile, aloe and green tea leaves. These drugs can moisturize and cleanse the skin of the face, neck and décolleté.
If from time to time you can make therapeutic masks and use data of affordable and inexpensive cosmetic preparations, then it is possible to keep the skin young and stop the aging processes.
There are a huge number of recipes masks based on algae. In this section, we dwell in more detail on the most popular and effective.
In many forums, you can find various recipes for masks that users willingly share with each other. Some women advise to use one or another effective cosmetic, and also leave positive feedback on the site. We have selected the best masks based on spirulina especially for you so that you can use your favorite recipe.
What homemade masks can be prepared by yourself?
Gelatin and Lemon
(For nasolabial folds)
It is necessary to pour 2 small spoons of dry powder with 50 milliliters of water at room temperature. The product should be allowed to swell for half an hour, and then it is necessary to heat the emulsion in a water bath so that the gelatin is completely dissolved. Next you need to take 4 tablets of the drug and pour them with 2 large spoons of liquid, adding half a teaspoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice. It is also necessary to drop 2 drops of vitamin A. All components must be combined and thoroughly mixed. The resulting mixture should be applied to the skin, avoiding the area around the eyes, and leave for a quarter of an hour. An alley agent to be rinsed with water at room temperature.
(Acne and Acne)
It is necessary to crush 3 tablets of the drug and mix with 1 large spoon of spirulina powder. The resulting dry mixture should be diluted with 2 large spoons of liquid. Next, the cleansing mask should be applied to problem areas of the face for a quarter of an hour, and then wash the face with non-hot water. The procedure must be carried out twice a week.
Rice flour, sour cream and protein
(To prevent aging, clean pores and improve complexion)
It is necessary to grind 4 tablets of algae to a powdery state, mix with 2 teaspoons of fermented milk product, 1 beaten protein and two teaspoons of rice flour. All components should be mixed well until a homogeneous mass. The resulting substance can also be applied under the eyes and leave for 15 minutes. Then the remnants of the funds must be washed off with hot water. When oily skin will need protein, and for dry need to use the yolk.
Green clay, protein and milk
(For cleansing, tightening and rejuvenation of the skin)
You need to take 1 large spoonful of clay and dilute with 30 milliliters of milk. Next, you need to add 1 whipped protein and 1 small spoonful of algae powder to the mixture. The resulting mask must be applied to the face for 15 minutes and then rinsed with water at room temperature. Avoid application under the eyes. To enhance the effect, you can add a little honey, juice and white clay.
Kelp and yogurt
(For smoothing, easy lifting and face shape correction)
It is necessary to combine 3 crushed seaweed tablets and 15 grams of dry sea kale. Next, you need to add to the mixture 20 milliliters of a natural fermented milk product and let it brew for half an hour. Then you need to prepare the skin for application. To do this, you should steam out the skin over a container with hot water. Next, you should coat the face with a mask (except for the skin under the eyes) and wait 45-60 minutes, after which the remnants of the product should be washed off with water at room temperature. After 1-1.5 hours, the face can be smeared with a moisturizer.
Next, you need to make a home skin care product in the following sequence:
- Before starting the procedure you need to alert the skin. To do this, you need to remove all cosmetics, and then treat your face with softening cream or tonic.
- Dry powdered product should be diluted with liquid in such an amount as indicated in the instructions, to obtain a thick cream. It is necessary to ensure that no lumps remain in the mixture.
- The finished product must be applied to the face with a plastic spatula, cosmetic spatula or fingers. Do not forget that this type of mask is able to harden after 5-7 minutes. For this reason, it is not necessary to delay the application step. Apply the composition on the face should be a dense layer of the entire structure of the skin, including the area under the eyes, not forgetting about the neckline and neck.
- The tool should be left for 25-30 minutes. During this time, the mask hardens, and the face appears a little tightness of the skin.
- It is necessary to remove the remnants of the mask with light movements, starting from the chin and ending with the forehead. To make it not so difficult to remove the tool, you can pre-smear the face with a greasy cream.
- After the mask is removed, you can wipe your face with a non-alcohol tonic or cream.
It should be remembered that a diluted homemade skin care product based on algae should not be stored for a long time, as it loses its beneficial properties.
As you can see, with the necessary theoretical knowledge, it is not as difficult to make a homemade cosmetic skin care cosmetic product as it may seem at first glance. We sincerely hope that this information will help you carry out a rejuvenating procedure at home just as well as that which is carried out in a beauty salon. Be always beautiful!