More and more popularity, for today dials salon procedure of lamination of hair. Stylists – cosmetologists promise healthy, obedient, shiny locks, extra volume … but how to make hair lamination at home procedure itself is quite expensive, given that it should be done every 3-5 weeks, not everyone can afford such luxury.
And by themselves, the compounds used for hair have an aggressive effect, and once you stop making the lamination, there is a risk that the hair will quickly lose its shine, become dull, will get confused.
“Lamination is the Best Homemade Hair Treatments for Damaged Hair”
Therefore, specialists in home cosmetology, have developed alternative recipes for the procedure at home, which is affordable, does not take much time, and also consist exclusively of natural ingredients.
What is Hair Lamination?
This process of hair restoration, in which each hair is individually covered with a thin, protective film, after which, each strand becomes smooth, bulky, sturdy and silky.
Advantages and disadvantages of home hair lamination
Any cosmetic procedure of a home or salon-type, has both its advantages and disadvantages. Consider the pros and cons of laminating at home.
- Sanitation, nutrition, and sufficient moisture of hair;
- Protective properties from external factors (weather conditions, chemical agents in the form of varnishes, foams, gels);
- Outwardly the hair acquires a density, radiance, smoothness, softness, volume;
- Hair follicles are strengthened, the process of hair growth is greatly accelerated;
- The tips of the tips are quickly and substantially restored;
- Eliminates the effect of electrification, and protruding antennas from the hair;
- Safety of use, due to the natural composition, so you can use even during pregnancy and lactation;
- Intensify the color and richness of dyed hair;
- Economy of money.
- Not long-term effect, maximum up to 14 days;
- How to make hair lamination at home after a home lamination, hair is twice as fast as fat, and tips are dry;
- Do not use if you have dandruff and other inflammatory processes on the head;
- On the length below the average, it will be very difficult to apply and wash away the funds on their own, therefore, to the full, the expected effect may not be provided;
- An allergic reaction to food gelatin, because it is the basis for the procedure at home.
What is necessary for laminating hair at home?
- Two packages of food gelatin, depending on the length of the hair.
- Boiled, chilled water.
- Balm or hair mask, which you use in everyday life.
- A disposable, non-soaked hair cap, or a normal cellophane bag.
Step-by-step instruction of gelatin lamination
Let’s consider step by step what and in what sequence it is necessary to do, that, the home procedure on quality did not concede salon, and hair radiated health, shine and beauty:
Prepare all the necessary components in advance, cool the water to about 36 degrees.
In a glass container, pour a pack of gelatin, and pour water in a ratio of 1: 3, if the hair is long, then the number of ingredients must be doubled. Mix everything thoroughly before dissolving and uniform, cover the dish with a lid or a plate on top, this will help keep the heat and the correct temperature of the mixture, leave for swelling.
At this time, thoroughly wash the head with shampoo and apply a mask or balm in the usual way, leave for 3-5 minutes, wash well, so the scalp will get enough moisture. Then, lightly dry the hair with a towel, but do not dry it dry, for the procedure, they should be well moist.
It’s time to return to gelatin, which has already had a good time to swell, if there are lumps in the mixture, then it should be heated for several minutes in a water bath, to a uniform state.
In the gelatin mixture, you should add 0.5 tablespoon of mask, balm conditioner for hair, mix well, the consistency should resemble thick sour cream.
On wet hair, apply the composition, hands or a brush for painting, evenly distributing it along each strand, retreating at the same time 1.5-2 centimeters from the scalp, that is, from the root part.
Collect the hair in a bundle and put on a pre-prepared hat or bag, and on top of it, you still need to wind a large towel and for half an hour warm the structure with a hairdryer. In total, the mixture of gelatin should be kept on the head for 45 minutes.
Wash your head with running, warm water without the use of shampoos and balms, it is good to comb and let dry naturally.
On this, the procedure for carrying out home laminating hair, can be considered finished.
Above was the classic recipe of the mixture with gelatin, consider other options for preparing the means for the beauty of your hair.
Masks for the lamination of hair based on gelatin
Mask is suitable for any hair color, like blondes, and brunettes, the only difference is that blonde girls need to use lemon juice, and dark-haired – carrot.
A tablespoon of gelatin + 3 tablespoons of juice (do not add any additional water), mix the two ingredients and pour on the water bath for 5 minutes, add a little conditioner, about a teaspoon, into the warm mixture, mix everything to homogeneity.
Apply and maintain any mixture on the hair, it is necessary according to the above-described principle, regardless of the composition.
This mask is suitable for any type and color of hair, is universal.
1: 3 gelatin with water until dissolved, then the yolk is separated from one egg and injected into the mixture, beaten and left to swell for half an hour.
This product is suitable for hair, prone to fat, the effect of the mask will be after the first application.
One packet of gelatin, pour into 4 tablespoons of vinegar diluted with water 1: 1, and add 10 milliliters of shampoo for oily hair mix well or whip with a fork, insist for a quarter of an hour and protect on a water bath for 3-5 minutes.
Apply to hair according to the instructions above.
Gelatin + warm water 1: 3, then add 0.5 teaspoon of castor and burdock oil. In addition to the effect of lamination, the hair will become sturdy and less prone to loss.
For blondes, you need to prepare a decoction of chamomile, at the rate of 1 tablespoon of raw material for 300 ml of water, and for brunettes you will need nettle.
Mix gelatin with the necessary broth and add a teaspoon of liquid honey, mix until homogeneous.
The mask will give extra volume, even to the thickest and heaviest hair. Mix 5 grams of gelatin, dry mustard, colorless henna, egg yolk of one egg, 30 milliliters of water. The mixture is well dissolved in a water bath.
3 tablespoons of alkaline mineral water, mix with 15 grams of gelatin, dissolve in a water bath, cool and add a few drops of oil vitamins A and E, and can be applied to the hair.
Six tablespoons of milk put in a water bath and pour 30 grams of gelatin, dissolve until uniform, allow to cool under a closed lid.
How to make a lamination of hair at home1 part of gelatin + 3 parts of hot water, dissolve and add 1.5 teaspoons of almond oil. Additionally, it is not necessary to heat the mixture.
If you are the owner of hair, which quickly hairnet, the amount of oil should be reduced by half.
Gelatin with water, in the same ratio as in the previous versions, combine with each other, put on a water bath, pour a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and 3 drops of lavender oil, insist 10 minutes and can be applied to the hair.
How often to make a mask with gelatin
In the first month, the ideal option will be to use the mask every week, starting from the second month, the procedure should be carried out every two weeks, by this time, the hair is already sufficiently nourished and saturated with the drug, and the expected effect will be enough for 14-21 days.
In the scalp, the mask cannot be rubbed, as this will lead to redness, flaking and itching.
During the preparation of the product itself, when it is able to withstand gelatin on a water bath, it is important that, if it does not start boiling, otherwise all the useful properties of the product will immediately reduce to zero, while gelatin itself should dissolve completely, because if applied on locks in the form of lumps, it will be very difficult to wash.
The rules of hair care after lamination at home
That, the result of the conducted procedure was saved, as long as possible, it is necessary to follow several simple recommendations:
- Do not wash the first two heads – three days after the lamination procedure.
- Do not use. Plow, ironing, hair dryer and other thermos devices for the first 24 hours that would have the effect to gain a foothold.
- Use a quality shampoo with minimal phosphate and alkali content.
- Control that it would contain UV filters in the hair balm.
- One or several times a week, it is recommended to lubricate the basal part of the head with burdock or olive oil.
- Masks for hair use the first two weeks after the procedure is useless, since they cannot penetrate deep into the hair, through the laminate layer.
- When choosing a shampoo or balm, give preference to the means for colored, brittle and damaged hair, with the most natural ingredients. How to make hair lamination at home
- It is not recommended to use scrubs, peelings and products containing alcohol.
- After washing the head, the hair should be gently blotted with a towel, never rub, so that the curls do not lose their protective coating.
- Hair should be combed with a scallop with thick, rare dentils, or a soft-nosed brush, so as not to injure them, and do not damage the content of the compound on them.
- Dry the head with a hair dryer can be no more than 2 times a week, at a distance of 20 centimeters from the hair, but the effect will persist for a longer period if the hair dryer is not used at all.
- It is important to know that while the laminating composition acts on the hair, paint and toning should be discarded, otherwise, the alkaline environment of the paint will destroy the laminate, and all previous manipulations will prove vain and inoperative. At the same time, the very hair color after the procedure will be more vivid and saturated.
- Hair though protected, but they should be protected from exposure to direct sunlight, frost and other weather conditions.
In general, after hair lamination should be looked after as before. But the styling and combing at the same time will be given much easier, which will help to form any hair and styling without problems.
It is important to remember that lamination is a cosmetic procedure, and it will not have a therapeutic effect, so, in addition to a beautiful appearance, do not rely on a means of great hope.